You don’t have to actually answer the questions. Just ponder over them. Read the message straight through, and you’ll get the point.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world?
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners?
3. Name ten people who have won the Nobel Prize?
4. Name five people who have won the Pulitzer Prize?
5. Name ten Olympic winners, any country, any sporting code?
6. Name any five people in parliament?
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies…Awards tarnish…Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials..the most money…or the most awards…
They simply are the ones who care the most!!
Go ahead and return the favours…Don’t wait for tomorrow…
It’s already tomorrow in Australia…
Or in Some Part of The World!
“Seize the opportunity to help a man in need…For he sees your contribution as the greatest deed” ~ @poetrypencil (Twitter)